Friday, March 4, 2011

rivers, paranoias, etc.

this is a tail-end of an entry:

And this is where nature and the Road come in. I’ve been settled in this one ‘civilized’ community too long, that is, long enough to start feeling like if I don’t play the game I’ll me brought to shame, or at least to the end of the line each time. That’s why I move, that’s why I listen to the wind and want to shoot that man-dog when it barks at nothing and interrupt the wind. When you move, your chances of turning into a civilized swamp are much lower. Flow like a river, move by, pass though everything, like a spirit, and possess things and people if you can with a dream-passion-demon, if you’re blessed with a good message, possess them as you pass. Play a song, talk to them, smile, tell them about the other side, of where you came from, of where you are going. And go into Nature, flow with it, where the rust of the world can’t get you, cause there you’re made of wood, not iron. There you are open, cause there are no doors or locks or gates. And if you are afraid, the fear cannot spy on you through a key-holes or a fence crack, but it will come and look you in the face, and you either live or it takes you and end of story.
Yet, even this fable turns human, for all rivers can’t flow forever and if you follow the river, you get to the sea. And it is that Sea I flow towards. And streams and sewage pipes come into me, and I join the Niles and the Mississippis and turn into underground trickles and go through bed-rock and burst out a-waterfalling and flow and flow and twist and curl and I dream of the Flood all the while. A joining of all the rivers, swallowing rusty toxic swamps and wiping us all clean and rushing, rushing and foaming, rapidly, then rabidly foaming, and the flood reaches the Ocean.
Infinity, peace, silence, life, Blue Blue peace. The ultimate blues of the Universe – the Infinite Ocean of Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment